Being amongst the most intimidating games played at a casino, craps is a fun game governed by some complicated rules. You need to know all the rules before playing the game and follow the proper etiquette while playing it with the other fellow players. The game is a pure chance, and the majority of the outcome is based on the rolling of the dice. The layout of the table can make the game seem quite complicated to the players; however, this article will cover all the essential things that you need to know about playing craps!
- Starting the Game:
- The entire point of this game is to gamble on the sum appearing on a pair of dice.
- Commonly, you bet with the craps table, hoping that the number rolled is the one that you need. You also have some options that help you bet against the table, in which a losing number is rolled.
- You need to place your bet on the pass line for playing the come-out roll. No new round can begin unless some player bets on the pass.
- It is important to note that you need to place a come bet once a come-out roll has already occurred.
- If you are a new player, you should start with basic and conservative bets when you begin playing to avoid risking your money.
- Lastly, you should always roll the dice carefully on the table after the stick person hands them to you.
- Follow the proper etiquette of the game:
- The game of craps involves a lot of money, and therefore, you need to identify the personnel operating the table on which you will be playing your game.
- Secondly, you should always stand behind the pass line when you approach the table. The table mentions the “Pass Line,” and you should take note of it before approaching the table.
- You should also get chips to your table before playing the game. You should not hand over your money to the dealer; rather, you should cash in for some chips.
- You should always cheer for your fellow players whenever they roll the dice at the table. This gesture helps in improving the enthusiasm of the players.
- Lastly, you should seek help from the dealers for placing bets in the off-limits spots on the table.
Improve your Success Rate:
For increasing your chances of winning, you should memorize the odds or the edge of winning.
- The game of craps has its own lingo, and it’s important that you master the common lingo of the game for having an easy time during betting.
- Thirdly, you should use the numbers of the field for predicting your next roll so you would not take help from the dealer before placing a bet.
- If you wish to place an odd bet, you should lay your chips under your pass line bet. Lastly, you should make all your proposition bets in the middle of your table.
You can practice craps by playing it online on various trusted websites, like Showlion. To explore more about the game, you can visit the website and improve your chances of winning!