Hair transplant surgery is considered as the best treatment option to deal with hair loss and baldness. With technological advancement, the technique has gotten even better and has helped get the best results, which are not possible with other options like medications or any other nonsurgical method.
If you are planning to undergo a hair transplant in Lavelle road, you might be wondering what makes the results come out successful. You must know all the details about your issues and techniques for hair transplantation and ensure the final look.
Step 1: Proper diagnosis and planning
The most crucial step is to diagnose the main cause of hair loss. This way, the planning will be done accurately. It is crucial to predict hair loss in the future, and all the bald areas should be included which need transplantation.
The hairline is planned according to the looks, but the future aspect should also be kept in mind. The straight hairline should be avoided as it gives an artificial look.
Step 2: Graft Extraction without any harm
While extracting the grafts, whether it is FUE or FUT technique, proper care is taken to maintain its integrity. This is done so that the graft does not get harmed. Apart from that with the right placement of the graft is needed for each follicular unit.
Step 3: Proper storage of the graft
The survival rate is increased when the grafts are placed at the right storage temperature, which is 4°C, and they should be well placed only in a storage solution. The qualified doctor makes sure that once they are extracted from the donor site, they should be put back on the recipient area within less time so that the graft survival rate is not affected in any manner.
Step 4: Placement of grafts
The final result will be determined by the graft placement. Keep in mind that every person’s hair growth pattern is unique and different, so proper planning ensures the best results with the hair transplant in Lavelle road.
The critical points to be kept in mind are:
- Hair follicles direction
- The angle while hair follicles were taken out from the skin.
- Hair follicle alignment
- Procedure planning
Step 5: Post-care
Patients who are undergoing the treatment need to follow the doctor’s medication to avoid any kind of infection or pain. And make sure to avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, or the use of any steroids is not allowed. The primary focus should be on a diet and taking the essential supplements suggested by your hair transplant in Lavelle road doctor.
Who are the excellent candidates for hair transplant surgery?
Receiving a hair transplant surgery can improve your looks and self-esteem. Good candidates for a hair transplant include:
- thinning of hair in women
- anyone who has lost hair from a scalp injury, burn, diet or hormonal imbalance
- men with male pattern baldness
Hair transplant is not a good option for:
- people who don’t have sufficient “donor” hair sites from which to remove hair for surgery.
- women with a widespread pattern of hair loss throughout the scalp
- people who form keloid scars (thick, fibrous scars) after injury or surgery
- people whose hair loss is due to a medication such as chemotherapy
After Hair Transplant Surgery: Your scalp may be in pain, and you need to take medications after hair transplant in Lavelle road surgery, suggested by your doctor such as:
- pain relief medicines
- anti-inflammatory medications to keep swelling down
- antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection
Most people can return to work or daily activities after several days of surgery. It’s normal for the transplanted hair to fall out two to three weeks after the procedure, so no need to worry. This makes way for new hair growth. Most people will see some amount of new hair growth after 8 to 12 months of surgery.
Some recovery tips:
- Wait a few days after the surgery to wash your hair. Only use mild shampoos for the first few weeks.
- You should be able to return to work or normal activities in about 3 days.
- Don’t press a brush or comb down over the new grafts for about 3 weeks.
- Please don’t wear any hats or pullover shirts and jackets until your doctor says it’s OK.
- Don’t exercise for about a week after the hair transplant in Lavelle road.