RDDNY operates in New York State offering many unique and innovative solutions and products related to restaurant business including restaurant exhaust hood and kitchen fire suppression systems. Our solutions range from restaurant design and construction to restaurant consulting and construction management.
This document reflects on the vital steps needed to manually install a fire suppression system.
The installation process
- After disconnecting the wired cable activation lines used for fusible connections, you need to withdraw the available station remotely as an additional safety measure. The integrated fire suppression system design allows you to connect the operating pressure cylinder directly to the control head without the need for a high-pressure hose or tube.
- You may need a Schedule 40 of black iron, stainless steel, or chrome-plated tube as an unbalanced piping network despite the simplification of application design and consequently installation but it does not require connecting additional tubes to the system pressure cylinders containing the extinguishing agent.
- Cylinders containing or need to be filled with aqueous chemical solution PYRO-CHEM potassium carbonate should be installed and shall be stored at 225 psi according to the scale of 15.5 bar. The cylinders must include a pressure gauge that helps to visually inspect the maintenance. Available sizes on the market include 1.6, 3.0, 4.6, and 6.0 gallons providing coverage of 5, 10, 15, and 20 for the flow point, respectively.
- Nozzles shall be installed according to the permissible movement of at least 30 degrees.
- The Pull Station system allows the system simple operating instructions with dual action editing which reduces manual operations by mistake.
- Equipment that enables the detection of a fusion joint must be included to accommodate both the chain and the final oppression that helps reduce inventory and simplify demand. All vital components are included in the fixing for efficient assembly and installation. Precautions must be taken while requesting fusible links whose surrounding temperatures must be ordered individually, and the maximum twenty fusible links must be operated on a 150-foot cable with 40 primary angles to cover hazards.
- Automatic gas shut off valve must be installed that meets the requirements for fuel shut down and that is expressly described in Clause 17A NFPA. This equipment should be set up so that the control head can be reset after periodic maintenance inspection to make it suitable for technicians.
- The last step toward installing a kitchen fire suppression is a flexible duct allowing faster installations for the convenience of directing cables above, below, or around obstacles. This is used as a replacement for the standard installation of EMT and can be used simultaneously with the latest as well.
RDDNY provides discounted services to New York State and other parts of the United States related to the restaurant business. Apart from providing a wide range of construction and design services, we also offer a handy device for restaurant kitchens like restaurant exhaust hood and kitchen fire suppression systems.